Sunday, November 18, 2007

Clarification on the Importance of Step Three for Completing Step Four

I have skimmed over some of the briefs and noticed that some of you haven't completed Step Three (the brief post), and for some of those who did complete it, you decided to skimp on the evidence and factual information. This is going to make it difficult for your partner to have any "facts to refute" for Step Four.

I thought by outlining each step it would make the assignment and number of posts pretty straight-forward, but once again, I guessed wrong (for some of you). A paragraph isn't going to suffice for a brief, nor is an extremely simple outline. The brief is the step that is probably of the utmost importance to this project, because it should provide the facts and evidence from the opposing side of your argument. This exposes one partner to the other partner's supportive material; it provides information (and less overall research, hopefully) for you as the project works through the negotiation portion of the assignment into the mediation.

I'll be commenting on the briefs today, tonight, and tomorrow.

2 comments:

MattiK said...

Question....

After I posted my step 4 onto bradely's brief I realized that I made mistakes in it. I am not sure how to edit it or if I even can. Do you know how to edit a comment?

MR. MILLION said...

I'm not sure how to edit a comment. You can retype it and post again. That is my only suggestion, as of now.